Announcement on Special Seminar by ExxonMobil Director
Dr. Michael B Ray, the director of the Upstream Sector at ExxonMobil, will deliver a special lecture about “Mathematical Careers in ExxonMobil”. This lecture is open to the POSTECH community and the public. Please refer to the information below for more details.
Abstract : This talk will provide an overview of ExxonMobil’s business and the important role of mathematics. Two technical examples will be discussed that illustrate typical problems that industrial mathematicians face. In that context, some technical and non-technical skills required to be successful will be discussed. The unique qualities that mathematicians bring to industry as well as the unique challenges they face will be highlighted. It will conclude with suggestions for students and academics to consider.
1. Date & Time : 11:00-12:00, Friday, March 20, 2015
2. Title : Mathematical Careers in ExxonMobil
3. Venue : Math. Bldg. Room 404
4. Inquiries : Research Planning Team (Tel. 279-3663)
5. This lecture will be given in English only