Housing for Researchers(Posville)
Housing for Researchers(Posville) Guides
Posville is the accomodation for researchers with 5 buildings and 150 units. One of the buildings is for unmarried researchers, and the remaining four are for married researchers. Each unit covers 79.2㎡ that includes 3 bedrooms, a living room with dining space, a balcony, and a bathroom. Central heating (hot water) is provided for the accomodations.
- Buildings for married researchers: Building #1 to #3 and #5 for 120 units in total
- Buildings for unmarried researchers: Building #4 for 30 units
Qualifications and Unit Assignment (Please refer to the attached PDF for more information)
- Married: a researcher with a Ph.D. degree or a non-tenure track faculty member
- Unmarried: a researcher with a M.S. or others approved by the university
※ Others approved by the university: an approval from the Provost & Executive Vice President is required. The application may be processed through Housing Services.
- Tenancy Period
- The minimum occupancy period will be for 6 months.
- Residents are allowed to stay for 5 years at maximum, but they are asked to pay 1.2 times more in rent than the amount of a regular tenancy period starting from their third year of occupancy.
- Room Allocations (Accommodation Capacity)
- Married residents: 1 person per household.
- Unmarried residents: 3 people per household (for both Koreans and foreigners)
※ Residents are not allowed to change their assigned units without permission.
- Security Deposit (The deposit will be refunded if there is no damage found during the move-out inspection)
- Married residents: KRW 900,000
- Unmarried residents: KRW 300,000
- Posville Rental Payment (from Fall semester of 2017)
- Married residents: KRW 598,000 per household (excluding utility cost)
- Unmarried residents: 3 people per household (excluding utility cost)
|Posville #4||KRW 264,000||KRW 233,000||KRW 201,000|
|Posville #6||KRW 258,000||KRW 220,000||KRW 220,000|
※ Posville #6 has 29 households and is used as housing for CiTE students.
- Residents Duty
- Residents are not allowed to change their units without permission.
- University regulations will be a general standard for all rules established by POSTECH and residents.
※ Activities that harm other residents, such as gambling, making loud noise, conducting private tutoring, having a pet, and selling items will be prohibited. Depending on the seriousness of the violation, residents may be ordered to move-out immediately.
- For the assigned room, residents will be strictly prohibited from a room handover, subletting to strangers, or living with non-POSTECH members.
- For each room, there will be a routine inspection for pest control and fire safety. If the residents are not present at the time of inspection, then the inspection technicians may enter the room with a master key.
- Daily residential wastes may be disposed by using a standardized waste plastic bag. Food wastes may be disposed by using a transportation card (T Money) to the installed waste disposal machine.
- Residents are prohibited from destroying the interior and exterior of the university facilities. For any facility damages caused by individuals, the respective person will be charged for facility restoration.
- All installed and other miscellaneous facilities (including locking devices) cannot be destroyed, moved, and changed without permission.
- If the resident needs to move out, he/she should visit Housing Services and follow the moving out process. The resident will be responsible/liable for any loss or damage to the facility.
- Contact Information
- Intercampus Telephone: 188 without an area code or 279-0188
- Cellphone/General telephone: 054-279-0188
- Email: email@example.com